Are You a Consumer Interested in Participating? There Are a Few Things You Need to Know…
GROWTH helps low- and moderate- income (LMI) persons or families become homeowners.
There are two ways to qualify:
- Buy a home in an LMI census tract.
- Or, qualify through your income! Your annual household income must be no more than 80 percent of the area median income for the Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), where you intend to live.
For help calculating what 80% of the area median income is for your address, call us at 202-464-2728
Or, fill out the form on this page and we will contact you.
GROWTH will connect you with your local housing counselor...
- We will help you find a local housing counseling partner in your area who will work with you in more detail to identify your housing and financial goals.
- If your housing counselor determines you’re ready to buy, you’ll be referred to a GROWTH REHAB-TO-SALE program, through which you’ll complete a HUD-certified homebuyer education course while helping you identify your future home.
- Should your housing counselor determine that you require a little bit more time before you will be ready to formally purchase a new home, they will refer you to the GROWTH LEASE-TO-OWN program. Through this program you will begin financial and housing counseling while we work together to identify an affordable home you would like to lease and the have the option to purchase at anytime during the lease period.